Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What a day!!!

We have been trying to keep busy and tackle all the things on my to do list before we travel to China. Yes, it is my to do list although Jim is having fun putting all the Ikea furniture together. The play room is starting to come together. We were side tracked today by the dumping of snow that we received last night. I went to bed and it was raining, wake up and we have a whole bunch of wet snow....and then the plow came by....about 4 times! He was nice though and the last time through he tried to dump all the snow from the cul-de-sac in our front yard and not in our drive way which we had just finished digging out after his first three passes. He was a nice guy...of course standing in your driveway staring at him helps too!
Monday I got antsy and emailed the USCIS to nicely inquire is they needed anything else for our I-800 application and did we have an officer yet. No response. That is the problem with email...I want instant feedback. Patience is not one of my strong suits. As anyone who has adopted can attest to, part of your days are spent checking your email about a zillion times, stalking the chat rooms and various blogs from other adoptive parents. Today I finally gave up at about 4:30 and figured I was not going to hear anything today at all and I logged out of my email account, which, I don't normally do until bedtime. After dinner Jim checked the email on his phone and he starts reciting a message:

James and Bonnie,

Your I-800 petition was approved today.  You should receive an approval notice in the mail in a few days.

I wish you the best with the rest of the process.

 I freaked out and started crying as par the course now. Ainsley asked me if that means that we can leave for China tomorrow! I can't believe that it is approved...yeeeaaahhhhhh!!! Now  I have to email the NVC in a few days and request my PDF of my approval that was sent to the US Consulate  so I can email it to my agency and they can send all our other information to to the US Consulate in China so they can issue our Article 5 and China can then start to process our Travel Approval.....I think that is how it goes???? I need to sleep now...ha good luck with that one :)

2 comments:

  1. Exciting!! One step closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Every step is so excting as it gets you one step closer to your little girl! I totally understand :-)

    ReplyDelete