Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Day after Valentine's Day

We had a lovely Valentine's Day. Ainsley was so excited about it this year. I made dinner for the three of us and we just sat at the table, had dinner and talked about our day. My input wasn't that awesome.....the highlight was that I had a shower, Jim worked...pretty bad. Ainsley was totally excited that they got to eat one piece of candy while they were at school :)  I think that the waiting is getting harder and harder for Ainsley. She is really missing Sofie and talks about her all the time. She is an amazing little girl, so in touch with this whole process and so in love with her little sister already. Yet, she always counters it with the fact that Sofie is going to cry and scream and be sad when we first meet her. She makes me smile.

We are still waiting for our I-800 approval. No word yet on whether the paperwork parts all found each other. I sent an email to USCIS today to find out as I am tired of waiting for social worker extraordinaire to figure it out. By the way, I have figured out that if I "cc" all my emails that I send to her, to her boss, stuff gets done :) Good to know.

I found a recordable book at Hallmark for Ainsley. I am going to get Jim to record the story in it. It is called "Under The Same Moon" and is a beautiful story for those you love near and far away. It starts like this:

"I see the moon and the moon sees me, and the moon sees somebody I'd like to see. Please let the light that shines on me shine on the ones I love."-Suzanne Berry

I know that Sofie and I smile up at the same moon everyday. I hope she feels the love that is sent her way to keep her safe and happy until we can get to her  :)

1 comment:

  1. We also used "Under the Same Moon" when waiting for Maisy. Soon, you will be looking up at it together. I like to think it is one of the reasons she loves the moon so much.

    ReplyDelete