Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Not a great day

Today was not one of my more stellar days for reasons I won't get into right now. If some of you recall from a post in November, I mentioned how it was the day the shared list came out and I was in a foul mood putting up Christmas decorations outside when my neighbor came up to me with a prayer shawl that she had knit. It did, still and will always mean the world to me. It did the trick and we were matched with our daughter that night.
Today, in my foul mood, I went to the mail box to get yesterdays mail as I can't seem to remember to pick up the mail until the next day. There was a small envelope from a family friend who lives in Western Canada... actually he is more like and uncle and grandpa. I opened the envelope and inside was a lovely note and the set of stamps from Canada Post that were issued to commemorate CNY..the year of the dragon! I, of course as is par for the course, started crying and could barley read the letter. I finally managed to calm down and the letter was so sweet wishing us a speedy end to the wait and the joyous celebration after. This was probably one of the sweetest, kindest, most thoughtful gestures that I have received. It is something that will go in Sofie's memory book and something that we will treasure forever. It was also something that was much needed by me and for that I will be eternally grateful! Thanks so much....your kindness means more than you will ever know :)


1 comment:

  1. what a thoughtful thing to cheer you up, praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete