Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Retail Therapy

It is amazing what a cathartic blog post, some retail therapy and a good nights sleep can do for one's state of mind. I feel better today, a little more optimistic. Getting it all out of my system definitely helped! The retail therapy was courtesy of a trip to Ikea and the good night's sleep, finally, was courtesy of my new friend melatonin.
I haven't been sleeping well for weeks now. I can go to sleep fine and stay asleep for a couple of hours and then I wake up and my brian starts going a hundred miles a minute. I still wake up, but I am able to fall back asleep with no trouble and there isn't too much of a hangover like with a sleep aid.
Jim and I made the trek to Ikea yesterday. It is not his favorite store! We need a dresser for the girls room and some shelves and cupboards for the new playroom/guest room. Welllllll, the truck was full when we left and we couldn't get the dresser as it wouldn't fit in the truck with all the other stuff. Ooops! It was so much fun buying stuff for Sofie though. This is the first real shopping spree I have had for her. It made me feel awesome and reminded me that we have so much to look forward to. Now, all we have to do is put it all together.....and I still need to go back to Ikea to get the dresser. I will try very hard NOT to fill the truck up this time :)

2 comments:

  1. You Go Girl!!! Hooray for all the new stuff for the girls!! Praying for Sofie to come home soon, and for your dad. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like a good shopping trip to lift your spirits! It is probably great to have some tangible things in the house for Sofie - hope you managed to assemble all of your purchases without too much difficulty!!

    ReplyDelete