Friday, February 10, 2012

I-800

Our I-800 left today for I think the lockbox in Texas. This whole next process completely confuses me and I need to sit down and figure this out tomorrow. Nobody holds your hand for the next few weeks as we navigate US Immigration.....only those who have been there before and done that!!!

Jim came by my work today to pick up the LOA and copy it and then take it to our agency. He worked all night and then drove half way across town to pick it up and then the rest of the way across town to drop it off and then back home. What a guy!!! He personally handed it to our social worker and at 9:45 this morning she emailed me to let me know that our I-800 just left the building via a courier for parts unknown, as least by me as I have a lot of reading to do about it now. I am so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Handing the LOA off to Jim this morning was a step for me. I am a control freak!!! I know, many of you are shocked by this revelation. I have been in charge of every adoption document, every appointment, every US government form for the last 2 1/2 years. I was amazed that I was able to hand over THE MOST IMPORTANT document in adoption history to someone else to look after. I have made huge progress in just one day. He did a great job and probably a better job than I would have. I would have been an emotional wreck. So, thank you sweetie for doing such an awesome job...I appreciate it. Of course, I had to text him just to make sure that everything was OK and it was dropped off in the right place and no one lost it blah blah blah.....baby steps OK. I can't completely change in one day.

I am still on an emotional high followed by bouts of happy crying. It was so awesome to watch Jim today as his whole demeanor has changed. He is a cautious, optimistic person....it will happen when it happens. Today was the first day that I saw on his face "she is really our daughter and this is really going to happen." We have been through so much the last 2 1/2 to 3 years. It taught you to be cautious and to not really get your hopes up too much. Well, it taught Jim that, me, I just keep jumping in with both feet and not looking where I am going first. I can't help it. I am off to bed and hopefully to sleep. Have a good night :)

1 comment:

  1. So happy still for you guys! I wondered how you were doing 'the day after' so glad to see that things are moving forward!

    ReplyDelete