Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 29

I am thankful for Sofie's birth mom, or as we call her, her China Mom. While we do not know all the circumstances surrounding her decision to give her child a better life, I am sure it was not an easy decision. So many people judge these women and don't understand how they can just give their children up so easily. I do not think it is an easy decision. Some may be more pragmatic about it but I think the pain, worry and anguish stay with them always. I have talked to Jim's birth mom about this. She stated that there isn't a day that goes by when you don't wonder where they are, what they are doing or if they are happy. It is an unimaginable decision to have to relinquish your child because of a law, economic circumstances, cultural differences or a medical condition that you cannot afford to take care of. I am sure their are many other reasons, too many to get into. I am very grateful to Sofie's China Mom for giving us the opportunity to raise Sofie and to have our lives touched by her wonderful spirit. I think of her often and I hope that her Mama can one day gaze up at the moon and know somewhere deep in her heart that her child is loved and cared for and is doing well :)







No comments:

Post a Comment