Friday, March 9, 2012

The Story

Ok here is the story from yesterday. I had to work yesterday so I had my email up at work so I could check it every so often. I knew that to make the deadline, I would have to get the pdf and get it to my agency sometime Thursday afternoon. Because of the time change Thus afternoon is already Fri in China and the US Consulate is not open on Sat or Sun. They also do not accept paperwork on Mondays so it was Thurs afternoon or Tuesday for my agency to drop off my Article 5 paperwork. There is no progress forward until this is done. No email alllllll day! I check one last time on my way out the door from work at 3 pm. Half way home my phone goes off....you guessed it, we have been cabled to China. I pull over to the side of the road and I cannot find the attachment with the pdf of our approval that our agency needs. I try to calm down and decide to just head home and do everything from the lap top. I am trying not to speed too much, but I am forced to slow down by the two police cars waiting to merge into traffic. I continue on now going the speed limit until I get to the freeway. Clear sailing, except for the ambulance that has now merged in front of me with lights and sirens going. He only manages to do the speed limit with lights and sirens blaring away. I decide that it is probably against some law to pass an ambulance when they have all their alerts going full scale????? I am pretty sure that " I need to get my pdf" is not going to help me with any police officer! The ambulance finally heads off to the hospital...I hope...and I then manage to get behind someone who is going under the speed limit in a really fancy Audi sports car in the left lane....breath....deep breath.....don't these people know that I need to find my PDF!!!!! I finally get three blocks from home, turn the corner and I am behind the school bus that has to drop kids off every 5 feet :) I give up.....I just start laughing.
When I get home there is no pdf yet....it doesn't come until 5:39 PM.......after I have talked to some rude federal employee who wouldn't help me at all and thought I was crazy (he may have a point now)....after my agency has closed for the day....after I missed the deadline. Everything happens for a reason....it usually takes me a while to figure it out. I have an idea today as to why everything worked out this way. I won't share it until I see what plays out next week.

I learned today from someone's blog who was at Sofie's orphanage in Jan that the reason that the kids are so bundled up in clothes in all the pictures is that they don't have heat in the orphanage. I am sad....think of all we take for granted everyday! I am so ready to get on a plane....anytime now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment