Sunday, January 15, 2012

Finished.......finally!!!

I have been unplugged from the Internet for a few days. It is amazing what you can accomplish when you are not cruising the adoption chat rooms all day long!!! We finally finished the main floor bathroom renovation, and by we I mean Jim and I did the whole thing ourselves...again.  All that is needed are the little finishing touches but it has walls, a floor, a ceiling, toilet and sink....all the necessities. We didn't end up killing each other or getting divorced during the renovation either. We have done most of the house renovations ourselves so we figure one day we are going to get in over our heads and this will be the job that does us in. We have tiled, put in a hard wood floor, done wood trim all over the house, painted, plumbed, did electrical, landscaped the entire yard, planted trees, put a deck and pergola on the back of the house and a porch on the front of the house. So far so good!!! We even managed to stay on budget, at least until the wallpaper came along. That kinda blew us out of the water. I absolutely love, love, love the bathroom and the pictures don't really do it justice. I just want to put a chair in there and go read a book. It is such a grown up bathroom that is soon to be overrun by kids!
The before picture:


And after:



And the ceiling:

I was laying on the floor when I took this :)

3 comments:

  1. It looks FANTASTIC, we are in the middle of a remodel, cannot to wait to get it done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! It was fun to do but I am glad it is done!!! Hope your remodel goes well and gets done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bonnie, that looks fabulous!!! Job well done! I love the ceiling.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete