Thursday, November 17, 2011

November is here

Yesterday the weather definitely took a turn in the colder direction. The winter jackets finally came out and fall appears to be over. The main sign that fall is over, the sunporch has been closed up for the season! It was a sad day. It is my most favorite room in the entire house, the room in my garden. I love sitting out there watching my beautiful flowers and weeds grow and cursing the rabbits for eating the beautiful flowers but not the weeds. I really can't complain, this is the longest that I have ever been able to sit in the porch. The dogs miss it too. It was the best "sunning room." Now they are wondering where the sun went?
This is also the time of year that I start Christmas cards, shopping, the Christmas photo albums and so on. I am having a hard time getting going, so, we have decided to renovate a bathroom instead! Always a great idea when you are in the middle of a stressful adoption and it has to be finished by Christmas. At least we picked the smallest bathroom to renovate. I will post photos as we go. Just an FYI, adoption is expensive, so this will be the bathroom reno done on an extreme budget. Here we come IKEA!!!!!
I finished making our Christmas card on Shutterfly yesterday and ordered it for a sweet 40 percent off and free shipping. See, there is an up side to a bad economy, as long as you have a job
:( Sadly, we did not do our usual photo shoot with my friend who is an awesome photographer so there will be no photo books this year Grandmas and Grandpas! It was very hard to try to schedule it between all our schedules and to be honest, I just wasn't really looking forward to it. Last year was so difficult. I sat through the whole photo shoot thinking that someone is missing from these pictures and it showed on my face. I could hardly smile. I just couldn't do it this year. Ainsley and I spent an afternoon in the backyard with the dogs and took some very nice pictures. I plan on having the biggest photo shoot ever once our whole family is together. The Christmas card was also hard to make. I waited as long as I could in hopes that I would have another little photo to add to Ainsley's. The dogs substituted this year as our other children :) 40 % off is too great of a deal to pass up!
Not much else is new. The bathroom reno will start this weekend.......maybe. OH yeah, I still have Christmas lights to put up and a couple of shrubs to cover up outside. Maybe it will start on Monday. How far away is Christmas????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment