Friday, May 11, 2012

We are in China

We made it here safe and sound! It was a very long day and some very long flights! Ainsley did a very good job flying! We got her up at 4:00am on Tuesday to go to the airport and she only slept maybe 4 hours total during all three flights. She still did really well.

It will take me awhile to download some pics to the blog. The Internet is super slow and it only works in the lobby bar!!!!

We have been super busy since arriving in Beijing. Thursday we toured the Forbidden City and Tianemen (sp???) Square in 90 degree heat and Friday we froze and got drenched in the rain at the Great Wall!! We also toured Olympic Park today. Ainsley has had her picture taken with strange people just about everywhere we go. They are fascinated with her!!!!

Thursday when I finally was able to get online, I was greeted with 6 new photos on Facebook of Lu Jing Jing from a Mom who is adopting her daughter from Sofie's orphanage. Amanda is a Angel!!! It turns out that Amanda 's daughter and Ours share the same primary Nanny and they are like sisters! She also sent a video of Sofie which I,unfortunately, cannot download at all. Everyone else has seen it but me and it is driving me nuts!!!!! It was still amazing to see new pictures of Sofie and her Nanny!!!

I will try to post some pics tomorrow . We are tired and heading off to bed :)

 

1 comment:

  1. I am reading your blog with great interest! Our daughter is in Hefei also, and we are almost ready to be DTC. I cannot wait to get there. Please post pictures! You can see a picture of our daughter here at our blog. I would love to hear from you when you have time. At the moment I am a little obsessed with wanting to know everything about the SWI. http://www.wiehloffaith.blogspot.com/2012/02/our-newest-daughter.html

    ReplyDelete