Monday, May 21, 2012

TB test check and shopping

Today was a rough day. We had to back to the medical building to have her TB test read which I knew was going to set Sofie off as she is very smart and doesn't forget anything, even where she left her lollipop :) Only one parent and the child went this morning......yeah....that was me!!! I strapped her into the Ergo carrier I have before we left the hotel and off we went. At least in the carrier, she can't run, lie on a dirty floor and if she removes her shoes it is no big deal. The down side, she is hot when she cries and by the time the 2 min check was over we were both soaked. She had reacted to the TB test so she had a bump and it was dependent on how big the bump was. In the US it is 4mm but in China it is 10mm. If she didn't pass then it was a chest X-ray and if she didn't pass that then you stay in China longer than planned for antibiotic therapy. I was a tad stressed out about this. She passed.......yeah......you guys probably heard my sigh of relief in North America. Visiting the same building set her back about a day though. She is rocking back and forth again when we are in public. I just want to go home :)

So after torturing all the kids first thing in the morning, we then get to take them shopping in a busy mall with lots of loud noises and tons of people. We got some nice souvenirs and Sofie had a total melt down at the mall and again at nap time. Good news is we got two garbage bags of laundry back all nice and clean and it only cost us $25 US :) Now at least I won't smell funny on the plane ride back home. To those waiting to travel. Bring lots of underwear and the kind that will dry quick cause after a day of walking around Guangzhou in the humidity....you stink and so does everything you have on!!!!

Tomorrow is our CA appt, consulate appointment. It is the final US Immigration step and yes, it is in another big building with tons of people and we have to leave the hotel at 7:40am!!!! I am going to need a lot of wine tomorrow night.

My friend Trish and her family leave for Hong Kong on Wed and it is her Internet connection that our VPN hooks up to all the time. It won't hook up to our Internet connection and I have no idea why. If you don't hear from me after Wed, we are fine, I just lost my VPN again. We leave China Thursday at 12:40 in the afternoon China time. I will post as soon as I am on US soil in Seattle :)

 

The pedestrian mall near our hotel
The pearl market.........pearls everywhere as far as the eye can see :)

Jim transacting at the pearl market

The indoor mall we shopped at

Jim and Ainsley cutting a deal at the Jade shop

A really unhappy shopper :)

1 comment:

  1. Bringing back so many memories! And we have the stroller in the first pic! :) I know how hard it is and anxious to get home, but I miss China and hope you have some fond memories of your time there! And I have to say again how beautiful she is!

    ReplyDelete