Sunday, May 20, 2012

I think it is Sunday May.....20th....maybe

Today was a free day so, of course, we did tours of things. I have come to the realization that there are no real free days when you are on an adoption trip.

We went to Yuntai Gardens today in the heat and unbelievable humidity. I was nervous about going today as crowds of people really seem to set Sofie off. I think we may have turned a corner today....maybe. She did awesome except for one episode in the greenhouse but that was really packed with people and she wouldn't let me touch her to try to help guide her out of the building. Yuntai Gardens is beautiful and set into a hill. It is a steep walk up one way and then down another. Miss fancy pants walked the entire way up the hill all by herself. She finally let me carry her down the hill as she was exhausted. Ainsley also had a blast walking through the garden shaded by her umbrella, just as the Chinese do :)

We then went to Six Banyan Temple which is a Buddhist temple. The monks perform a blessing ceremony on the children, but, Ainsley had to stand in for Sofie as Sofie was having no part of letting some stranger bless her. We waited outside :) Sofie again was amazing and held my hand and walked along beside me.

We then went to Pizza Hut for lunch and ran into three other families who are here from my Facebook group of families adopting from China. Amazing coincidence :) it was nice to finally put a face with a name!

After nap time we met Jim and Ainsley by the pool. Sofie let me dunk her feet in the pool but I wasn't going to push it any farther today. The child still has not had a proper bath.....baby steps :) She laughed and giggled watching the two of them play in the pool. Later that evening we decided to try a bath. We tricked her into getting undressed by getting out her pj's and then eventually, she got into the tub and then sat down. We even washed her hair with no fuss! I have never seen a child so amazed by bath water and toys in a bath tub! It made me very sad for a moment that this is what is so much fun for her. It is an amazing privilege to watch the world through her eyes. It gives things a whole new meaning and importance. It is also an amazing privilege to watch our eldest daughter blossom into a wonderful big sister and friend. She truly has been a blessing on this trip.

Tomorrow is the TB test check.....cross your fingers that it is negative!!!!! After that we are off shopping :) Without further a do I will try to post some more pictures :)

Ainsley and the Angry Birds

Walking up the path

Yuntai Gardens
Six Banyan Temple

Family Photo at the Temple

Sofie watching all the pool fun

The smile I adore :)

BATH TIME.........finally :)



2 comments:

  1. Looking good there. I am glad she is doing better. Mei is attaching well,almost to well. Now I have to put her down to sleep. She was use to just sucking her finger and past out, well not anymore. Now mommy (and only mommy) has to hold her.
    Sophie is beautiful and I love that name.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see all the lovely pictures of Sofie and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete