Monday, May 14, 2012

We are a family........

Sofie is with us and doing well. She is very weak and very small but has the brightest eyes I have ever seen. She has not cried at all but I don't think she has the energy to cry much at all. She has completely shut down and is in shock, but, we have managed to see glimpses of her personality.

It was a total shock seeing how weak and tiny she is. I didn't even cry when we met her as I was blown away by her appearance. You read all the books, yet, reality is totally different. Sofie has not stopped eating since we got back to the hotel. She has stolen all of our hearts :)

 

7 comments:

  1. Bonie,
    She is so so cute. She will get arround. It will just take time. We have the complete opposite. Our file said shy, they also told us very shy and that she is not at all.
    We hope to meet you in Guangzhou!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! It is amazing as they are with you and their personality starts to come out. Now that she is with Mama and Baba she will start to eat more and do so much better! May the Lord bless you for what you are doing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!! I am sooo incredibly happy for you guys. Sofie will gain weight in no time with all your good (healthy) cooking!! I absolutely love the picture of her smiling!! Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I know you have been waiting a long time to meet "Ainsley's sister" and praise God the time has finally come!! She is a doll!! She does look tiny. I thought I would cry when I met Brielle too but I didn't...but I get all teary when I look back at the pictures. Enjoy every minute of China and bonding with Sofie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, she is beautiful!!! You made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Bonnie I am so happy for you! Can not wait to see her have safe and blessed trip back! Tina James

    ReplyDelete