Saturday, May 19, 2012

Thunderstorm in Guangzhou China

Thunder and lightening outside right now. It is just pouring!!!!!

We made it to Guangzhou China yesterday in one piece. Sofie is grieving pretty hard right now. She was completely shut down most of Friday even in our hotel. It was like she knew that she would be leaving Hefei forever :( It broke my heart. When we got to the gate to wait for our flight, she popped right out of it. Back came the happy smiley Sofie....until just before we had to board the plane. TOTAL meltdown. Laying on the floor screaming and she wouldn't let me pick her up. That only made it worse. She calmed down just as we had to go through the gate to board. You have to walk downstairs after the gate and guess what was waiting there....a bus. A bus takes you to the plane. There is standing room only and she won't let me pick her up. Now I have to somehow keep myself and a toddler up right on a bus ride without touching her :) I managed to do it. She walked on the plane by herself and sat down and then I did the seatbelt up. Another 30 minutes of total meltdown but at least she is belted in so she can't lay on the floor. By the time the plane took off she had calmed down and she was a complete happy little angel until Ainsley had to go to the bathroom when we arrived in Guangzhou. I took one step into the bathroom with the two of them and she wants nuts!!!!!! Mean completely nuts!!! She punched me in the face about 4 times. So now we are with our guide waiting for our ride and Sofie is screaming and sitting on the ground and I am crying :) Happy Family :)

Today,Saturday, Sofie had her Medical for US Immigration. There are 4 stops for the medical and they heard you along like cattle. Sofie did great until we got to the building where she refused to be picked up at all and she proceeded to take of her shoes and socks. Now she is walking around the rooms crying, bare foot on a public floor. She cried for every step, except, the TB skin test which is a needle stick.....go figure!! I am off to the executive lounge of the hotel tonight and I hope they have a lot of wine.....Mommy needs some grown ups grape juice.

1 comment:

  1. Awww Bonnie and Jim!!! Hang in there!! I can only guess that it must be overwhelming to experience such a gamut of deeply intense emotions without a break!! And add in there an extended trip away from home no less. I'm stressed just traveling with two children for a few days! Serenity now! I hope your reprieve from your marathon is just around the corner. Your daughters are both beautiful and I hope you all have safe travels back home. Thank you for sharing your story! ~ Angie Temme

    ReplyDelete