Saturday, December 17, 2011

Nothing Yet!!





I emailed our agency yesterday and still no update on Sofie. They originally said that it would take about two weeks to get any information. It was two weeks on Thursday. I am trying to be patient.......not so easy. Our social worker told us that if they don't hear something soon she will email their China contacts to remind them. How about we email them now to remind them!!!!! I am kind of sad today. Sad and frustrated. The photos we have of Sofie were taken in September so I can only imagine how much she has changed. It is hard when your child is growing up and changing and you are not able to be a part of it let alone witness any of it. All I want for Christmas is one picture, hopefully in focus this time!
I don't have much else to report so.....let's update the bathroom reno!!! It is a complete bust! The ceiling looks great, the floor looks great, I have a toilet but no sink or wallpaper. Jim installed the floor last Tuesday and in the middle of it I received a phone call from the "wallpaper lady" who told me that my wallpaper was now on backorder until Dec 19. No chance of it being delivered before Christmas let alone installed. Suddenly, my "to do" list just got a whole lot shorter. Jim finished the floor and put the toilet back in and I added some festive decorations. Not my dream bathroom but at least we have a toilet on the main floor...a necessity with 5 adults and two kids in one house for 2 weeks over Christmas. Never remodel your bathroom one month before Christmas unless you are going to be away for Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment