Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I need a bigger Christmas Tree!


We had a great Christmas! I may need to get a bigger tree though, or at least one that has some clearance underneath it for gifts! It took us two hours to get through everything. 



Ainsley and my nephew Hunter had a blast. It is so much fun watching Christmas through the eyes of a child, especially kids who still believe in Santa. There is one moment that I will never forget. We were all opening our Christmas stockings and Ainsley and Hunter both unwrapped a candy cane ornament of their first initial. Ainsley then pulled out a neatly wrapped gift that said "To Sofie From Santa." It was a candy cane ornament in the initial S. Her eyes became as big as saucers and she started running around the family room shouting at the top of her lungs........"he know, he knows! Santa knows about my sister. Santa knows about Sofie. He knows I have a sister!!!" With all that has happened over the last two years that was the most "definitive" moment I have ever experienced. I think when you have difficulties adopting you have moments when you wonder if you are doing the right thing. If maybe all this stuff that has happened is the big guys way of saying it is time to move on and this is not the path you are supposed to be on. Yet you still believe so you keep moving forward. That one moment with Ainsley just melted my heart and I knew without a doubt that no matter what comes our way, our family will be OK. It is so real to Ainsley. The little girl in the pictures is her sister and will be forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment