Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas is officially here


For anyone who knows me, they all know that I love Christmas and I go completely out of my way to make it a special time of year. I usually drive myself crazy trying to get everything done. I have been totally off this year and have fallen way behind.....and I don't care. No Christmas baking this year and I have finally got all the decorations up and the tree done. This is the latest that I have ever finished my tree. Yes, it is my tree....Ainsley has her own. I am a little possessive when it comes to my Christmas tree. It is an pre lit artificial tree as I am allergic to real ones and got tired of suffering every year. So there has been a patch of lights burnt out for about 3 years now and no matter what we do, we cannot seem to remedy the problem. It drives me crazy but that part of the tree gets turned to the corner so no one can see it.....except me! THIS year I decide I am fixing it once and for all. I am going to put red lights on the tree too. You know how when you start stringing lights and you are not too sure how you should space them.......well, 6 sets of lights later and another trip to the store for more lights and VOILA! You can actually turn all the lights off in the living room and still read a book just by tree light! WOW!
Ainsley wanted to go to Target yesterday to buy a Christmas gift for Sofie so her sister would have something under the tree on Christmas morning. She picked three things out for Sofie all by herself making sure that there were no small parts as "her sister is little and can't have small things that she could put in her mouth yet." It was so cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment