Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Set back

It has been a crazy few days. I have had little sleep and no time to myself. Sunday night we ended up in the ER with Sofie who spiked a 104 degree fever. Her ear looked red and she was tugging at it but that didn't really explain the severity of the fever. Turns out she has pneumonia. Poor little thing is just not herself. After a round of IV fluids and IV antibiotics, they finally let us go home around 11 pm. I was so afraid that we would have to stay the night again. The visit to the ER has set us back tremendously. She has regressed an unbelievable amount. She is back to not letting me any farther than a couple of feet from her and she will no longer sleep in her pack and play. She will only sleep with me. Sofie has gone back to rocking back and forth to soothe herself and this morning the catatonic look that we first saw in China was back again. It just breaks my heart to see her like this especially since Saturday afternoon she was outside running around and playing with the kids. This has also taken a toll on Ainsley.  She is very worried about her sister but doesn't quite know how to talk about it or express it. I do not know what we would do if my Mom were not here. She is a lifesaver!!! I think this family might have imploded already is not for her. We certainly would be eating more take out!!!

Please say some prayers for Sofie. I so desperately want to see my spunky little Sofie Lu return :)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you! poor Sofie and Ainsley and mommy and daddy! praying for quick recovery, physically and emotionally.

    ReplyDelete