Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Three weeks to go!!!!

We leave in three weeks!!! The airfare is booked, all the hotels are booked and we have a preliminary itinerary. I had to book one of the hotels myself and our agency did the rest. I ended up having to call the 1-800 number for the Holiday Inn to book it as the web site would not let me book four people in one room. It is a fire code there.....it is a way to make more $ there. I had to book two rooms and in all the confusion I forgot to downsize the suite when I added the second adjoining room to it. We now have a large suite with a separate bedroom and sitting area with a standard double room attached to it. Our hotel room in Guangzhou has been affectionately labelled the party room by my travel mates.

I am going to start blogging from my iPad from now on as I need to figure it out before we go. I am also having a hard time typing as I smacked my elbow, the funny bone not so funny, in the door jam at work on Friday and my wrist has been in pain since then. I think I really hit the ulnar nerve as my wrist joint and two fingers feel like bone is grinding on bone. I am now wearing a splint which helps the pain but not my typing. Of course it is my right wrist too.

I am slowly plowing my way through my "to do" lists but it seems like every time I knock a few things off the list I add about 10 more :)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I am looking forward to the party room! I can't believe we're getting so close- it feels surreal to me. Just think of our girls there under the same roof right now! So crazy and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful and exciting!!! Living vicariously through you right now!!!

    ReplyDelete