Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Much Better Day

The "pity" party is over. Today I feel much more positive and confident. I don't know if it is the 52 degree sunny day or what, but it is working. No more self pity.......we will see how long that lasts for! I am thankful for everything we have and all we have been blessed with. NO, I didn't get into the stash of Halloween Candy today either.
After I finished my post last night I found a blog that was set up for parents who have adopted children from Ethiopia to help compile stories of adoptions from Ethiopia with ethical problems. I occasionally check the Ethiopia pages to catch up and see what is going on with adoptions in the country. We know people from Ethiopia and it has been a situation that touched my heart for many reasons. So many children need homes and so many will never find their forever families all because of the stupidity and greed of the few. Anyway, I could go on and on. The situation occurs because of a number of factors, birth families lie, unethical in country practices and agencies. I am sure most adoptions are legal and straightforward and most of the agencies are ethical and do their best. This could be debated forever. I continue to read the blog and all the families stories about how they found out that their child was given up without the mother's consent, the discovery of living birth parents when the adoptive families were told they were dead. I felt so awful for these families and the nightmare that they have fallen into.
Suddenly it was like a light was turned on and a ton on bricks came and hit me in the head. We were so close to maybe having this happen to our family. At the time that we withdrew from Ethiopia, we were probably fairly close to reaching the stage where we might have been matched with a child. At that point I realized that we are exactly where we need to be and in the program that we should be in. We just took the long windy way to get here. Life is funny and unpredictable......and also very precious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment