Monday, October 8, 2012

Before and after

I have been meaning to put this photo together for a while now. I finally got around to it :)


The first is a picture of Sofie prior to her surgery for her palate repair and lip revision. The second is a picture of her after. Anyone who has read my prior posts knows how conflicted I was over having Sofie's lip revised. I was totally and absolutely in love with her sweet little face and I didn't want a single thing to change. She was perfect just the way she was.  I was also very afraid that it would change her smile. Her smile lights up a room and has an amazing effect on people. The practical side of me knew that one day she would be a teenager, and how her lip looked would make a difference. We only want the best for her and want to give her every opportunity to flourish. As you can see, her surgeon did a fantastic job!! He is an amazing person and does amazing work not only in our area, but, he travels to several other countries with a surgical group and gives kids all over the world a new lease on life. We feel blessed that he was able to help Sofie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment