Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Mid Autumn Festival!!!

Today is the Chinese holiday, mid autumn moon festival. It is a lunar harvest festival celebrated by the Chinese and Vietnamese. People are given time off to go home and celebrate with their families over a wonderful dinner. It is one of the most important holidays in the Chinese calendar.

One year ago, we were anxiously waiting to hear that our dossier had been sent to China and we had a Log in Date. This meant that we would be included in the shared list that would be released by the Chinese government and we might be one step closer to our daughter. I remember staring up at the moon that night and thinking that we had probably both been looking at the same moon that day. I wondered where she was and what she was thinking.

Tonight, I stared up at the beautiful moon and then I gazed at my beautiful daughter who was playing with her equally beautiful older sister. My heart was at peace. Our family is whole and complete. I have never been happier. I no longer have to wonder where she is or what she is thinking or doing. I can see it with my own eyes. It is amazing :)






No comments:

Post a Comment