Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sofie and the rest of my family

Update on Sofie first.
Her hearing has improved. Her left ear is back to her previous level of hearing loss and her right ear, the mid range is back to her prior level, the upper and lower levels are slightly better that her worse test and worse than her previous normal level of hearing loss. Make sense??? We do know that this will be her last set of ear tubes and that when her ear wax builds up, it really affects her hearing and needs to be dealt with ASAP! We have no idea why or how or what! It is what it is. It is Sofie :)

Family notes.

My Dad has been battling some type of cancer since Ainsley was minus one month of age. When I was eight months pregnant with Ainsley, my Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer. He beat it. Later on, he was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. No biggy, we figured it was caught early. Turns out it was the more aggressive type. He continued to battle on and never complained or whined.

This summer was tough. He is losing his battle. I just got back with the girls from Thunder Bay tonight.  Tomorrow I head back to Thunder Bay by myself. After I left today, my Dad's lab work came back and it had changed a lot. His hemoglobin is no better despite many transfusions and his platelets are super low. His oncologist gave him 2-3 days.

I will try to keep everyone updated on my blog. My Mom and Dad are very private and are not comfortable with their battle being posted on Facebook. I request that any comments that you wish to make are made on my blog and not on Facebook. I hope to respect my parents privacy and still be able to update our friends and family.

Thank you so much

All of us :)

PS if anyone feels the need to help out Jim, please just step in and volunteer. The beginning of the school year is not a great time for Mama to be MIA :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear about your dad.

    ReplyDelete