Friday, August 24, 2012

Sad day

Yesterday was a difficult day. Sofie and Ainsley had their first full day of daycare together. Ainsley had a blast but Sofie cried off and on all morning. Makes me sad.

Last night our eldest dog Domino passed away quietly. She had bad hips and knees and had been having trouble getting around. She was slowly getting worse but last night she took a real turn for the worse. Her breathing was very labored and she was in a lot of pain. She went to go lay in her kennel which is one of her favorite spots. We all gave her a little rub down and when Jim checked on her 10 minutes later, she was gone. She will be missed. She was a unique dog :)

There will be no more banging on the cupboard door where the dog food is to let me know what time it is and that dinner is 5 minutes late. I swear that dog could tell time. There will be no more opening of the door to the cupboard where the garbage is kept. It had to be open at all times and if you closed it, she would open it back up. One never knew when food might fall out of there. There will be no more nasty looks when you have angered her for some reason. I could never figure out what I had done to anger the dog so much. No more angry stares at 9 PM cause that is my bedtime and no one has tucked me in yet!!!! No more dog who will come up and lick your leg for no reason other than it was there!

We will miss her :(






We know that she is in heaven banging on a cupboard door demanding to know "where the BLEEP is my dinner" I hope they have  Mcdonald's french fries in heaven :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie,
    I am sorry about Domino. We have lost our Boston last year and it was hard. They are such a sweet energetic dogs. I know how you feel, they are part of the family and you probably had her before Ainlsey also.
    Sofie will get better over time. Mei stared 2 weeks ago and still cries when dropped off. Anyway she goes only 3 times a week, so she has not have time to adjust. I know we will get there, so will Sofie. Anyway I took this as sign of good attachment, although it breaks my hearth.
    Sending kisses to the dog heaven:)
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sorry to hear this :( I am glad she went so peacefully and that she was at home. I am certain there are McDonald's fries in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete